Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coaxing Cats

The Man has two cats. Two large, sort of fat, definitely long-haired and shed-everywhere cats. If you haven't guessed yet, I'm not a huge fan of them. I tolerate them. They tolerate me. But when The Man is gone things get ugly. They turn into naughty little creatures who are out to get me.

Usually Sam and Gyzmo get to me by jumping on the counters or tables (where they are not allowed). Or getting into my bedroom (where they are not allowed). Or running away from me when I am trying to put them in their area for the night. But today, Sam has officially beaten me.

He escaped out of our front porch door and he ran away. I searched for him. My neighbors searched for him. My mom came over and we walked around the block searching for him. And he was nowhere to be found.

I left our front and back porch doors propped open. I went out a few times tonight calling his name with no luck. I even left a can of tuna for him.

Finally, I was on the phone with Phil tonight and decided to try once more. Sam showed up - and then ran again!

Finally, I coaxed him (with Phil on speakerphone) out from under our neighbor's deck.

No matter how hard I try, these things aren't going to magically turn into dogs, are they? I keep on hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment