Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yard Work 101

The weather has been beautiful and giving me the itch to do some yard work. We had this horrible weed patch next to our garage. It was impossible to control as the summer went on. I decided to tackle the problem before it began this year.


First I raked the area. Then, I dug a "trench". I laid down a weed blocking mat. And finally, topped it off with mulch! Ta daaa!


There is an ugly old stump that I decided not to mess with. My neighbor had a fantastic idea (she's so clever!). She suggested drilling a hole into the stump and then putting flowers in it. I love it! I might ask for help on that, though.


I'll admit, it's not a project done by The Man. His projects usually take longer and turn out better, but I'm pretty pleased. Now let's hope the weeds don't come back! Maybe I'll put in some plants one day, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment