Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!


Today my nephew, Jake, turns one!

His birthday party is tomorrow and is sure to be a doggone good time (according to the invitation, anyway!).

Jake is pretty good at doing some baby signs, particularly "dog". He loves dogs. What could be more fun than a dog-themed birthday party?!

As the (self proclaimed) event planner for his party, I designed a dog-themed birthday party invitation and everything else has fallen into place from there.

Jake's cake will feature the dog I designed for him. He is giving out "Doggie Bags" for the other kids who come. Inside the kids will find a ball, frisbee, whistle and some pet-themed stickers. On the outside of the Doggie Bag, the friendly little pup who is gracing his cake, will also be spotted!

The food will be served from dog dishes (new of course!). The guests can munch on puppy chow straight from the dog food bag (well, a paper bag with a real puppy chow label!). And I made some yummy sugar cookie bones to stick inside the bags and extras to share with the other guests.

The kids get to wear little hats with floppy ears and googly eyes that Grandma and I made.

To top it off, the kids will play an exciting game of Pin the Tail on the Puppy! This is really my only hang up of the party planning. I'm hoping the guests find humor in it. I couldn't find a way to print the dog big enough to play the game. Instead, I bought a dollar-store Pin the Tail on the Donkey and I am putting the dog head on the donkey! We should get some laughs out of it at the very least!

I hope Jake has a happy birthday and many more to come!

Check back after tomorrow for some photos of the bash!

1 comment: