Monday, May 11, 2009

Reasons The Man Rules

The Man helps around the house with things I recognized while he was away for a couple different work trips earlier this year (i.e. record snow falls in December meant that the shovel and I developed a great drive-way clearing system; dinner? ahh, who needs to cooks when it's just me?; and cleaning the litter box? I could deal with it when I could count the weeks on one hand).

I am beginning to realize more than just the basics of what he does around here.

The Man has a green thumb. He can grow anything and he enjoys it. I am trying to keep his plants from dying. But a whole year? When I see all of his plants lined up in our spare bedroom I often wonder how they are going to survive.

He has taken care of the majority of the bills. We did most of our financials relatively separately until we found out about the deployment. Now I am supposed to handle it and I don't even know where to begin (other than the spreadsheet he created for me that perfectly maps it all out). Numbers and I have never gotten along, but prior to being married it was just me I had to worry about. Now it's two of us I am responsible for! That is intimidating. If I mess up, it's not just me who has to deal with the fallout.

The Man also lends some regularity to the house. When he is gone, nothing is routine. Nothing is normal. I tend to work best on a fairly rigid schedule, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. In the same way, I don't want to get into too much of my own routine, because it will definitely change when he gets back.

The Man also completes our home. I hate the clutter around this place. I would prefer it to be perfectly clean when he is here. With him gone, I thought it would be easy! I just haven't been able to get it there and I think it's because I don't want to erase him.

My list of Reasons The Man Rules is quickly growing. I can't wait to have him back!

No comments:

Post a Comment