Sunday, March 1, 2009

"...all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman"

This year has gotten off to quite a start.

I shipped The Man off to Florida for a month right at the beginning of January. The day after he left, I was laid off.

The Man returned at the end of the month and mid-February we got a phone call.

Turns out, one of the head guys that The Man was working for in Florida requested him for a deployment.

At the end of March, he's headed to training for few months and then after that, he'll be off to Afghanistan for a year or so.

Then throw in the normal helping out family and friends through a few rough patches already this year. Whew. Is is really only March 1? I'd say we have had enough excitement to last the whole year.

2 comments:

  1. Well I did not know you became a blogger in your unemployment! You should read the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I bought it last week and it is something that would add to this blog! I would read the whole thing tonight but mom and dad have worn me out with a 12 mile bike ride, a hike up A mountain, and two walking trips to Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured I should do something! And I want to keep up with my writing skills. I thought this would help! A lady I used to work with was obsessed with The Secret. She even brought the CD of the book into work and we would listen to it sometimes. I'll have to look into it. I can't believe you did a bike ride and hike in one day. And two trips to Trader Joe's. I love that place! Have mom and dad been there before?

    ReplyDelete