Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration of the President

On the verge of the swearing in of our new President, I wonder what to expect during the next four years. I imagine the rest of the country and world are too.

I'm swept up in the details of the Inaugural. The bands. The speeches. The prayer.

The luncheon. The menu. The painting.





The floral arrangements.















The gifts. The dishes.






The parade. The balls.
I love tradition. However, I can't help but see a paradox.
On the verge of a Presidency filled with promises of change, the theme of this Inaugural just doesn't seem to fit.
I look forward to watching the Inauguration of the President tomorrow. I hope that America's past is not simply lost in the details. Yes, America is change.
I just don't want America to be lost in the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment