Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Recipe - Take 2

This blogging carnival might have caused me to go a little crazy...I just baked up another favorite Christmas recipe for my cookie exchange at work tomorrow. I thought I'd post it too!

Another recipe with an ambiguous name. I've heard them called Mexican Wedding Cakes or Russian Tea Cakes. No matter the name, they melt in your mouth!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cups finely chopped nuts
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Additional powdered sugar
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Whip butter for 30 seconds.
  3. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to butter and beat until light.
  4. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
  5. Stir in flour, nuts and salt.
  6. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet with about 1-inch spacing.
  7. Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not brown.
  8. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Place on wire rack to cool.

(This recipe was from www.bettycrocker.com - but you can find variations - sometimes I add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)

No comments:

Post a Comment