Tuesday, December 22, 2009

WoF: The Perfect Military Spouse Care Package

Today's 12 Days of Blogging topic is the perfect military spouse care package - and I really was coming up with things that I send to The Man. Then I realized that it might actually be about the other spouse...you know, the one who isn't in the military!

I don't even know where to start with this one. Here are just a few items that top my list!

1. I'd like a best friend, neighbor, church, and community filled with people who understand military life and it's ups and downs so I have trusted experts to go to when I'm not sure what to do! I am pretty lucky in this area, but it's still on my list as necessary for a military spouse.

2. A language guide small enough to fit in my purse, but big enough to house all of the acronyms and phrases that often create a communication barrier between The Man, me - and the rest of the world we live in. Or maybe just a translator to help the civilians in my life (yes, that includes me!) get past the language barrier.

3. A watch in military time. Not "actual" military time, I can tell the difference between 0800 and 1600 - but a watch that shows what the real timeline is to eliminate some of those hurry-up-and-wait or plans-changed-again times!

4. A giant bottle of patience! This one goes with #3.

5. Oh, forget the language guide - I need an entire "How to be the Best Military Spouse Guide" that lays out all of the potential things we'll run into and how to best deal with each situation. I mean EVERYTHING. From deployments, to FRGs, to everyday life...all in one place, fun to read and with great layout and design! Just because we're connected to the military, doesn't mean we have to have poorly designed pieces to work from!

6. A loving husband. This one tops my list, actually. If it wasn't for The Man, military life might be not such a grand adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! Patience is a great one, especially when you are trying to wait for them to come back home from a deployment.

    I'm visiting from Wives of Faith. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete