Friday, December 11, 2009

WoF: My Favorite Christmas Song

I’m blogging again! Well, at least for the next 12 days as part of the Wives of Faith Blog Carnival.
Today’s topic: My Favorite Christmas Song


I thought that this would be an easy one to start out with…until, I started some research. I don’t have a favorite Christmas song.


This year, I’ve found new respect for The Little Drummer Boy. I was watching my 6-year old niece, Kayla and 18-month old nephew, Jake. We were on our way to church for a Bible study. We had the radio on and The Little Drummer Boy started playing. It’s not one of my favorites, but I decided to leave it on. Before I knew it, Jake was singing along! His version went something like this, “Pum Pum”….”Pum Pum”…so he may not have caught all the words, but he sang right along with the music!


Not to be outdone, on the way home, we were having a singing contest, a normal happening when we get a handful of us in the car. Big sister Kayla sang her first song, then she helped Jake sing a song. They were right in the middle of Old McDonald and big, fat snowflakes started to fall. Kayla gasped and then jumped right into her own song…”I’m Kayla and I’m going to sing a song about Snow”…


Snowflakes falling down
One snowflake falls down
Two snowflakes…

(I’ll spare you the rest, but impressive that this spontaneous song was written and produced by Kayla herself. )


My takeaway: Choosing an all time favorite Christmas song for me isn’t possible because each has its own meaning, often driven by what I’ve experienced while singing the song.


Pum pum…pum pum…

2 comments:

  1. that's totally cute about Kayla...little girls can be so adorable!

    I like little drummer boy too because my brother was being silly one time and started making up random rhyming lyrics that had me hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when people make up random lyrics - sounds like your brother has some talent!

    ReplyDelete