Sunday, December 13, 2009

WoF: My Favorite Christmas Recipe

We are in day two of the Wives of Faith Christmas Carnival Blog. For more favorite Christmas recipes, visit the blog and read the comments. I really thought that these topics would be easier! I love cooking...but to pick a favorite recipe is impossible.

One of my favorite cookies to make is for my sister, Kendra. She lives almost 2,000 miles away in sunny Arizona, so I am looking forward to having a big batch of these prepared for when she makes it home for Christmas this year.

It's a simple recipe - no measurements or baking! Our family calls them "Wheat Thin Cookies". They sound strange, but true to using chocolate and peanut butter, you can't go wrong!


Ingredients:
  • One box of Wheat thins (I use reduced fat...I know, what's the point when you are using PB and Chocolate? I'm not sure. I just feel better about it.)

  • Peanut butter (I recommend creamy)

  • Chocolate bark (white chocolate bark also works well)

  • Sprinkles, coconut, non-perils, any other favorite decorations

  1. Make mini wheat thin sandwiches with just a little dab of peanut butter between each.
  2. Melt chocolate in microwave. Be careful not to burn! (Or, if you're a heath weirdo like me and you don't use a microwave, you can melt in a double boiler on the stove.)
  3. Dip cracker sandwiches into chocolate and coat. Using a fork, gently remove from chocolate and place onto waxed paper.
  4. Decorate using sprinkles, or simply drizzle the opposite color of chocolate onto the semi-cooled cookie.
Watch for a photo during the next couple of weeks. I haven't made mine yet and can't find an image online...it'll give you a good reason to stop back!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Sounds really good besides being easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a wonderful idea! :) I hadn't heard of using wheat thins before, but my Aunt makes some with the little mini peanut butter crackers, and they're always sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a really cool and creative, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super creative! I'm going to a cookie exchange this week and may have to give these a dry run before I go! Thanks so much for sharing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! what a great idea!
    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While the thought of Wheat Thins being part of a cookie sounds weird, I will have to give it a try because it does incorporate all three of my favorite snack items.

    ReplyDelete